Summer Study Abroad at
UNIVERSITA CATTOLICA DEL SACRO CUORE
Session A: 2 weeks in June
Session B: 2 Weeks in June into July
Session C: 2 weeks in July
** Dates vary by courses selected
Students can choose to do 1, 2, or all 3 sessions. For the course structure and specific course dates, please click here.
Move-in will take place the Monday before the start of class and students are expected to move-out of housing by the Saturday after their course(s) end. *Please note: SUNY students are invited to take part in courses on the Milan campus. Summer courses in Rome and Piacenza will not be offered as part of this program.*
2 weeks, 3 credits
4 weeks, 6 credits
6 weeks, 9 credits
Discover Your World in Milan
- The Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore (UCSC) is the largest private university in Italy and in Europe. It is a prestigious comprehensive research and teaching university, recently ranked number 11 across Italy's 90 universities. Cattolica offers some of the most exciting and challenging academic programs and disciplines, in areas of medicine and health sciences, economics, business, international relations, political science, psychology and communications.
- International Office Student Advisors are there to assist students.
- Access to: library, computer rooms, sports center, language center, tutoring service, health services, and student associations
- Students will be able to choose courses from the following 4 areas:
• Media and Communication
• Italian Language and Culture
• Agribusiness and Food Sciences
- Students can only choose one course per session but they can participate in multiple sessions (2, 4 or 6 weeks) on the Milan campus ONLY.
- English (with the exception of the Italian language courses)
- Each course is worth 3 credits, by combining sessions students can receive 3, 6 or 9 credits. The optional ‘Survival Italian’ Course is noncredit barring.
- Field trips are a part of each program
Your Home Away From Home
Students will stay in Residence Halls, click here to learn more
Visas and Immigration
Visa requirements frequently change and you are ultimately responsible for correctly completing UK immigration requirements. Please do not apply for a visa or purchase airplane tickets until you have received information and support documentation from the SUNY New Paltz Center for International Programs office.
No visa required for summer study
Non US citizens:
check with the Italian consulate for visa requirements
Contact SUNY New Paltz Study Abroad Advisor Catherine Collado