Virtual Summer Internship in Italy
internship program is with Save the Duck
, an Italian fashion brand.
Company: Save the Duck
1 to 2 months (can be flexible)
- 2 hours per week meeting with Internship Supervisor
- 4 hour per week team meeting
- 10 hours per week individual work
Program Budget: Virtual Summer Internship Program- KEI.pdf
3 U.S. Credits*
*Students who participate in 6 or more credits during the summer can apply for summer financial aid. It is possible to do this internship, coupled with another virtual study abroad program to meet this six credit minimum.
Structure of Internship:
4 Meetings with Save the Duck
- Meeting 1: Project Brief Introduction
- Meeting 2: Research / Inquiry
- Meeting 3: Draft Presentation Discussion
- Meeting 4: Final Presentation
Project Focus 1: Sustainability and Communication
- Students will be working in teams of 3 to 5.
- The internship will be overseen by Andrea Banfi, KEI Onsite Director in Milan, Italy and professor of KEI's Made in Italy course.
- Students select project focus (see below).
Having effective communication regarding the
importance of sustainability, respect for the
environment, and people involved in the
product creation process is crucial for every brand. Save The Duck
puts sustainability at the
core of the
ir business model (collaborations, actions, suppliers...). The
challenge is to elevate the
communication and marketing Omni-Channel strategy, leveraging competitors, learning from best practices, and deepening ties with the
Project Focus 2: Experience and Communication
A purpose-based company like Save the Duck
sees is looking to expand the
ir activities in the
North American market. Having a good understanding of the
local challenges while pursuing a global vision is beneficial to presenting the
values and the
uniqueness of this Italian brand. The
challenge is to understand the
messaging and communication of Save the Duck
, understanding its potential, and exploring new communication strategies through a 360 degrees approach (brand extension, collaboration, experiences...) in order to have a broader reach in the
To learn more about KEI programs, please click here.
If you have any questions about the program, please contact Study Abroad Advisor, Catherine Collado.